Sunday, April 12, 2009

"Ketchup" Anyone?


Ok It's been a month since my last entry. So I'll try and "Ketchup" (hee, hee, hee).
I'll be serious. What a month. Not too exciting, just busy, busy, busy!! So I'll not bore you with endless reading, I'll just "reader digest" the high lights!



March 15th-18 I went on a Girl Friend Retreat! BFF's
since 2nd grade, Wendy, Laura and I drove down south to St. George for our 2nd annual get away. We stayed in Wendy's Condo, and Relaxed! No cooking, No cleaning, No Time table. Just pure relaxation. We went to an all day spa and got massages, facials, and pedicures. We ate out, laid by the pool, swam, shopped, and even hit the movies. Money was running out, and we soon realized we'd have to come back to reality. I can't wait until next year!!

Let's Go Fly a Kite!
The weather has been crazy. One day it is 70 degrees, next day it will have snowed. March was quite unpredictable, however, there was one warm, breezy Saturday that was perfect to fly kites. Of course Porter was the only one that had a kite. Kelsey took charge, and Porter and her went out to the field behind us, to fly the kite. It went straight up, Flew, and ran out of string quickly........then flew away! The whole kite-flying experience lasted almost 5 minutes!

When It rains, you paint!!
Yea! One of my Goals this year was to paint my up stairs. I did it!! well...I painted the Living room, foyer, and hall way. I didn't get the kitchen, or my bedroom, but after the Living room, I think those other rooms will be next years project. Special thanks to Jared and Biffy for all their help, although I still think I need to paint the front door. They both voted against that. Ellie the dog, decided to be a cat and observe the painting while laying on the back of the sofa. Weird Dog!
Rare Moments!
that's all I need to say...

4 comments:

Alicia said...

That sounds like a great month, especially the weekend of relaxing.

Tara said...

I'm jealous! What a fun vacation.

jkennington said...

I am so glad that you are able to keep your unique and wonderful friendship going all these years---It is a rare thing. I really love the picture of you and Kelsey!!!!!Hope you and your girls will develope a special bond that will only get better every year.
Love Mom

the Brakey's said...

Sounds super fun!