Thursday, May 14, 2009

Seeing and Believing


Ive heard from others, that Kelsey is a sweet, outgoing, fun, respectful, great all around teenager. I for one have not seen this in her, for many years. So you can imagine my surprise when I got a letter in the mail informing me that Kelsey was nominated as Student Of The Month at school. I think I was more excited than she was, because as her parent I got to accompany her to an award breakfast! It was awesome!!



This is more like the Kelsey I know. Actually this is her dressed up in some 80's get-up for spirit week at school. Really? I mean REALLY? Hey I'm straight from the 80's and I don't quite remember looking like this. I told Kelsey she only had to wear an "I LOVE MICHEAL JACKSON" t-shirt or button, and that would be good enough. I do remember however, the Big Permed Hair-Do's, baggy sweat shirts, stirrup pants, Layered socks with converse, and tapered pants. Florescent came and went really fast, along with mini skirts. But if you had a Member's Only jacket, Op shorts, IZOD pollo, or Jordache jeans, you were really cool!


Of course there weren't cell phones, in fact not even cordless phones. Everyone just had LONG cords so we could go into other rooms if we wanted privacy. Talking on the phone was a favorite pass time, I can see that has somewhat stayed the same, except that it's texting now.

Yes! I had many of perms, and used lots and lots and lots of hair spray. Oh and you can't forget the "wrap-around" braces that most of us had to wear for 2 or more years. Kid's today don't even know how good they have it!!!

4 comments:

the Brakey's said...

i love this pic Janalynn!!! The hair is so familiar! Remember we used to spray it at the temples and blow dry it hard!!!! Remember Greg Bensen? DO you remember his hair was like a turtle shell??? Ah, those were the days! And the phone cord...oh my heck! TOo funny! You're right, our kids are spoiled!

Alicia said...

Love the pictures!!

Heather said...

I love your pictures :)

Laura said...

OH those were the days!!!! You make me laugh girfriend:)