Friday, February 6, 2009

100 Days of School

This year in 2nd grade at Heritage Elementary they celebrated the 100 days of school, not by bringing 100 items to count during math (thank you! I always stress over finding something for the kids to bring that was unique, yet wouldn't be eaten by the time they needed it at school). They celebrated it by dressing up as if they were 100 years old. I thought this was a fun and different way. Kids love to dress up and Natalie really got into it. Hat's off to the 2nd grade teachers at Heritage!!

(Side note to all parents: This means that the school year is more than half over. School is only 180 days a year! YIKES!!!)

4 comments:

Biffy said...

How cute is that! I love it! Did you make those glasses? They're awesome!

jkennington said...

Natalie is the cutest little old lady that I have ever seen! You are a good mom to get into the spirit of things--I am so proud of you.

the Brakey's said...

I love it! I hate coming up with things to count too! Great idea!

Heather said...

She looks so cute! Great idea. Sophie's class is having 100 day stew with each kid counting 100 pieces of candy or something each to add to the stew. Yes, I'm worried about it all getting eaten before school tomorrow!!