Saturday, April 3, 2010

Teenagers VS Matching Easter Dresses




Last year, my teenage daughters refused to wear matching Easter dresses, so I let them pick out their own unique dress for themselves. This Easter, I MADE our Easter dresses. LOL!! I told them if they wanted a new spring dress I was going to make it since I got a new sewing machine for Christmas. So that's just what I did. I finally cracked open my new sewing machine, and set up shop!! Yes I made us all matching skirts, however since General Conference was on Easter this year, we didn't get a chance to actually wear them on Easter. The following week Easter was all but forgotten, and I had to practically get down on hands and knees and beg the girls to wear their dresses. After some fake tears, and hope-you-feel-guilty, words, I finally got my way. Last year they said no to matching dresses, this year I thought if they wanted a dress bad enough they would agree to match, however next year, I have a feeling that they rather have no dress than have matching dresses, especially if I make them! I think the days of matching Easter dresses are over!


For some reason Dying Easter Eggs is still fun for teenagers,

just not wearing matching dresses.

No comments: