Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Two Years Missing Bonnie!

May 1, 1975 - March 14, 2008

This Year, on the Anniversary of my sister Bonnie's passing, Our family met at her grave site and sent yellow balloons with messages tied or written on them, into the air. It was a bitter sweet site to see us all there with our yellow balloons. This was my sister Annette's idea. It was so neat, that I think we will make it a tradition each year to meet and remember Bonnie.

I miss Bonnie so much. Time has defiantly healed a lot of the pain, but the longing for her company has deepened. I find myself still wanting to call and ask Bonnie for her opinion or advice on something. I still catch myself planning out my Fridays with her. I find things that I know Bonnie would love or hate. I hear her laugh whenever I do something funny or absent minded. I especially long for her hilarious stories. Life has gone on, but there will always be a part of my life that will long for and miss Bonnie.

4 comments:

Poppy said...

It's still so fun to see you on here and feel like I'm catching up on your life! I'm sorry about your sister's passing. I can't imagine losing my sister. I have lost 2 really good friends over the past year and a half and it seems like I will miss them forever, so it must be more missing a sister. What a nice tradition, though. I hope it brought you some peace. Take care!

Poppy said...

P.S. I loved the Hawaiian Pizza story..it gave me a good laugh. I would say that he definitely redeemed himself for Valentines...what a guy! Happy belated 39th...I will have my 37th this June...how did we get so old? It's a slippery slope to 40 that's for sure!

Hakuna Matata said...

I thought of you, your family and Bonnie.... as I always do and hoped you all were going to get together. I would love to hear Bonnie's stories again too (although, I haven't peed my pants in awhile now, which has been nice). Good thing you're almost as funny as she was, because you'll have to do! Hehehehe..... I love you tons Janalynn! You're in my heart! (dang I'm so mushy sometimes!!!!)

Biffy said...

That's a great tradition. I can't believe it's been two years already.