Friday, October 16, 2009

UEA (Utah Enters Anaheim)



Yes! We did it!! Jared and I have been waiting what seems forever to have ALL our children tall enough to ride all the rides at Disneyland. Finally Porter, our youngest is tall enough! We don't like Disneyland (Sorry to anyone who is a Disney FREAK!). But unfortunately Disneyland is place that children must experience for themselves, plus they need to be able to fit into the "Ive been to Disneyland Crowd.

Yea! We are done! We've done the Family Vacation to Disneyland! Now if my children want to go back, they can choose to go on their own when they are older. Please don't judge me too hard, I just don't like crowds, and I can think of a thousand and one things I rather be spending my money on, than a over-rated, over-crowded, over-priced, place like Disneyland. I'll admit Disney goes all out on decorations, on the themes. They don't hold back for sure. And Yes, I'll also admit, it is pretty clean considering how many people go daily, and finally I'll admit the bigger, popular rides are enjoyable to ride. But one time is plenty for me. I think of Disneyland like an real expensive restaurant. Some restaurants, are decorated so great with a fun or neat atmosphere, yet the meal is just mediocre. You end up paying for the atmosphere not the meal. Instead of going Disneyland yearly, I think Jared and I will try to vacation different places, like back east or up north or down the pacific, now that our kids are old enough to really enjoy and appreciate vacations.


I think what made Disneyland fun, was that we purchased a "Ride max". Ride max is an program where plug in the rides and shows you want to see, and it mathematically give you an schedule that tells you where to go and what rides to get on at certain times to avoid long lines. We as a family used that, and it was like a scavenger hunt. We would race to beat the clock and time. We grabbed fast passes, and actually got to ride all the big rides 2 times each. We never stood in line for more than 30 min. The average Wait time was 10 min. Trying to out beat the crowds, was very challenging, entertaining, and rewarding! by the end of the day, I almost felt like I out smarted Disney! "In your face Disney...Not only did we ride all the rides, we didn't get pulled into your spell of buying stupid mickey ears, Pictures with fake characters, or $6 churros The itinerary, also recommend popular restaurants,worthwhile shows and what rides or show that aren't worth the time. Who needs a week in Disney when you can get-her-done in one day!

Ok with all that said, We did go to the beach too! We went to New Port Beach. Now there we just relaxed. At the Beach we enjoy the soft sand, fun waves and warm sun. There was fun shops to visit with great deals. You can ride your bikes down the board walks for miles, inexpensive restaurants that served yummy foods, and plenty of room everywhere!!
I think my kids enjoyed the beach just as much has Disneyland. And other than parking, it was FREE!

3 comments:

Biffy said...

Awwww, you know I love Disneyland! I wouldn't go so far as to call us Disney freaks, but seriously, how can you not love it!? I'm glad you had a good time!

Alicia said...

Cute pictures!!

We just came back and I don't think we'll go again for a really long time. Taking a one year old was hard. We didn't figure out how fast passes worked until the last day. So, the last day was fun.

Hakuna Matata said...

I agree...much more fun to go when you all can enjoy it (although, I'm all for going more than "once" with the kids)! There are a lot of other great vacation spots to see and explore that would be visit worthy...such a big world we have! Glad you went and had a good time!