Sunday, October 12, 2008

Week In Review

October 4th started this week for Us. It started with a "Beatles" piano recital. Kaiely and Natalie did very well. I am amazed how far Natalie has come in one year of piano lessons. Last October's recital she played, "My dog, Mac" and this year it was "All My Lovin" by The Beatles.
Kailey also played a Beatles song,"Hey Jude". I love their piano teacher. She will find the songs they WANT to play, on their level, this way they enjoy playing and practicing. They like going to piano each week. Not only that but they will occasionally sit at the piano to play for fun on top of their practicing. She is so organized and does a great job and goes all out on parties and recitals for them.

OMGosh, If Feel Old!!

Saturday night was an eye opener for me. Kailey went to Hunter High's Homecoming with her friend Carlin, from Hunter. We spent all day in West Valley after the piano recital. Kailey's Homecoming date started at noon and ended at midnight. She went with a group of kids to play Lazar tag, then to lunch. Afternoon was spent with girlfriends doing each others hair and getting all "DOLLED UP"! Then at 4:30 they all transformed from everyday teenagers to nice looking young adults. And as if it would never happen again, they went off to countless of homes for endless pictures. After the photo shoots, the group of 10 drove off for dinner, dancing and finally for movies at a one of kid's home. What ever happened to the simple Dinner and Dancing? I almost feel sorry for the one who's paying for it all. I guess that is part of the reason I feel so old. In my days it wasn't an all day date, just a nice dinner, then to the dance, usually held at the high school. Now the dates last almost from sun up to sun up. CRAZY!!! (thought: what happens if you go as a kind gesture with someone you don't particularly care for? Do you spend the whole freaking day with them?)

Anyways, my little girl has grown up from cute to beautiful. It's quite funny and nostalgic to take a picture of her and her date at my mom's house. All my dance pictures where taken in front of the fire place. This was fun to be on the other end of the camera. WOW! I am getting old. I actually got out that lovely 80's dress, that I'm wearing in that lovely picture, to show Kailey. Of course there was no way she was going to wear it. LOL!!!















To sum up this week it went,
from Sun's Glow, to Falling Snow!
So now it's Sunday October 12th one week later. Nice warm weather for General Conference and then within a week, cold, colder, SNOW!!
For all you fall lovers...Here you go!


1 comment:

Laura said...

LOL- My mom and I were looking on your blog and enjoyed the blast from the past. I was at the gym today talking to a mom about the all day dates. Sad how dating has changed. Spending so much money and maybe not even liking the guy.My mom says she's still older I think cars just came out when she was dating(JUST KIDDING)!