Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday's Words with Ellie (my dog)

Setting: Janalynn has just peeled an orange and sits down to eat it. Ellie the dog comes mosey in. Instantly she sees that Janalynn has something in her hand, and whatever it is, it is making it's way up and into her mouth. Instantly she goes from "woe is me" attitude, to, "I'm getting me some of that". (Actually it's pretty hard to tell facial expression on a Basset Hound).

Janalynn:(a little irritated) No Ellie! You wont like it! So stop begging and leave me alone!

Janalynn: (resignation in her voice) Ok, but I promise you wont like it!
(Janalynn holds the orange just above Ellie. Ellie jumps as high as she possibly can, maybe 5 inches off the floor, to snag the orange slice. She sits then spits it out. Sniffs at the orange, looks at the orange. Pushes the orange with her nose. Then finally leaves the orange and returns to Janalynn).

Janalynn: (frustration and disbelief in her voice) "Really Ellie!!?! C'mon, It's the exact same thing I just gave you, and you obviously hated it!!

No comments: