Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday's Wall Words













Wednesday's Wall Words With Daughter Kailey

setting: I'm downstairs watching a movie. Kailey yells down to me.

Kailey: "Bye Mom, I'm going."
Janalynn: "Be sure to check in."
Kailey: "I will!"

(three hours later, Kailey returns home)

Kailey: "I'm Home"
Janalynn: "How come you didn't check in?"
Kailey: "I did!"
Janalynn: "No you didn't"
Kailey: "Yes, I did!"
Janalynn: "Don't you think I'd know if you checked in with me?"
Kailey: "Don't you ever read your text messages?"

(Janalynn goes upstairs and down the hall into a back bedroom where her cell phone is on it's charger, because unlike all teenagers, Janalynn does NOT carry her cell phone on her body at all times. Janalynn checks her cell phone. Cell phone has little picture of envelope floating across screen.)

Cell Phone Text from Kailey's cell phone says: just checking in





5 comments:

Tawna Searle said...

That's funny, next time you'll check you're facts, ah? LOL

I love the picture of Kailey, it's soooo cute!!!

the Brakey's said...

Oh my word! I have to say I have done that a thousand times! You're right! They think we do everything with those phones and I have to say, I rarely use mine! Way funny!

Laura said...

It's such a different world. Remember taking the phone and the cord stretching as far as you could get it-hoping to make it to the bathroom were no one could hear you talk. NOW there's texting, cell phones, myspace, facebook etc.............

Michelle Denson said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of a teenager's version of "checking in." Unfortunately, I can't tell you it gets any better when they're 18, or 21, or 23! Maddi's idea is texting at 11:15 or so "What time do you want me home?" Like you, Bob and I DO take our cell phones to bed with us!! So...she gets the phone call--"Where are you???!!!" Makes me CRAZY!!! Good luck!!

Biffy said...

That's hilarious! Are you going to tell her that checking in has to be voices on the phone? Or is calling to old-fashioned nowadays? :) Thanks for the laugh!