Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm In The "Twilight" Zone!!

WARNING: If you are a "Die-Hard Twilight Fan" over the age of 19, Please do not read this post. (I still love you Laura, and Becky!)

I'll admit it. I've read all the Twilight books, one right after the other. I'll even admit, that they were a VERY fun read. I will continue to admit that I really enjoy Stephanie Meyers writings, and her creativity. But I'm going to stop there!!

Really? Really? Come on now. Can you really lust after a Vampire? I had to laugh at "Edwards" description. All on the same page mind you. End of page 18 to the top of 19, I'll type straight out of the book,

"And yet, they were all exactly alike. Every one of them was CHALKY PALE, the pales of all the students living in this sunless Town. Paler than me, the albino. They all had very dark eyes despite the range in hair tones. They also had DARK SHADOWS UNDER THOSE EYES-PURPLISH, BRUISED-LIKE SHADOWS. As if they were all suffering from a sleepless night, or almost done recovering from a BROKEN NOSE. But all this is not why I couldn't look away. I stared because their faces, so different, so similar,were all devastatingly, inhumanly beautiful."

I don't think I was Ever turned on by this description. Maybe I'm weird, but pale, cold, sparkling skin, just doesn't do it for me. Enough of the description. I can forgive my girls falling for a Rich Kid who can give them the world. However my girls ARE in high school, and sure they can imagine BOYS are like this. But if your not in high school....Are you in la-la Land? Why in the world would want someone that controlling? (High schoolers can only see the money, they don't see how controlling he is). Sure we would all loved to be saved from harm time and time again, but can you say "STALKER"! Book Two I was warned was the "Boring" Book, because Edward was hardly in it. Now I have to disagree. I thought Jacob's story was much more realistic other than he was a Werewolf. However, his not-so-sure-of-himself was more endearing. Always trying and getting turned down was more like boys in my high school days. Which brings me to my last and final "Beef" of the Books. HELLO!! This book is about teenagers!! They think and act like teenagers. I am NOT a teenager. I have no problems with my TEENAGERS going nuts over the books, but if you are NOT a teenager....What am I missing? Do you secretly wish your high school days were like Bella's? I don't understand the attraction. Help me out here, give me your comments. Really I want to know why older women in their late 20's and 30's are so obsessed with these books!!

My girls are both going to go to the opening movie tonight. I was asked if I was going, I wasn't sure if the person asking was serious. LOL!! I wouldn't go to any opening movie. I could maybe understand if the movie was only going to play one time, but I believe most movies are in theatres for a least 3 months. Do I really feel it necessary to stay up in the cold, loose sleep and be with a bunch of teenagers, just to see a movie that I can see some other time, with less people? Ok really I'm done!! BTW Kailey informs me since I haven't gone to any movie opening night, I don't know what I'm missing. (Exactly). She LOVES going opening nights to movies, but then again, she's a teenager.

2 comments:

Sweet Craftin' Lola said...

Yea, Janalynn!!! You are a woman of my own heart:) I never understood how you can just say the word "Twilight" in the midst of a gaggle of grown women and the level of giggling, googly chatter swells and the women nearly actually swoon over it! Ew. And I laughed out loud when I read your comments on Edward's description. Those people in that town must be really, really dumb to not think something is going on with those kids- shame on them at least for not reporting suspicion of child abuse (with all those dark circles under the entire family's eyes)! I think maybe I would have bought into this book in high school, because I tried watching "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" the other night with some of my friends from high school (and I used to love the movie) but I was so bored and found myself rolling my eyes throughout most of the movie. I was starting to think there was something wrong with me! Good to know someone else feels the same :)

Alicia said...

Sorry, but I am a twilight finatic. Me and my sister in law who is almost 40. Can't help it. I'm sucked in.