Saturday, November 1, 2008

Yea! Yea! Time To Put Halloween AWAY!!

Don't ge t me wrong, I LOVE Halloween! It kicks off the Holliday season, I love to decorate the yard, the fun costumes and parties, it's just a lot of work! I have 15 years of costumes now in 2 large totes. These costumes get out on October 1st and are strung all over my home until November 1st. I have so many mix and matches, that my kids love to go though them and pick and choose all month long. I think I add an extra load of laundry each week trying to keep the costumes clean. I try not to make a big deal about getting into them, because this is a fun time for them, to pretend and get excited, besides this way they can be more than one character, for each activity they go to. However, I am glad to gather them all up and put them away until next year!
This year for preschool, I was a witch. I had a LONG gray wig, that kept getting in my way. After the day was done, I was reminded why I liked my hair short. Our ward carnival and trunk-or-treating, Jared went as white trash, and I went as...I'm not sure what I was, I used the same LONG gray wig, dumped the witch dress. I guess I was a cross between a hippie and a biker chick- or maybe white trash too. Anyways Kelsey was a black cat, Kailey "Judy Sparks" the girl with long red hair on Guitar Hero, and Natalie a witch. Porter claimed he was a "Dead Skeleton" He wore a pirate's hat with his skeleton costume. (I think he was thinking about Pirate's of the Caribbean). Natalie was Rapunzel for her school party and a fairy for trick-or-treating. When it was time to dress for trick-or-treating, Porter didn't want to get into his costume. He told me that he just wanted to be "Letter Man" when I asked who letter man was he said."someone who wears letters on his shirt like me." I laughed and suggested he be spiderman. His response was "I'll just be Peter Parker." Needless to say he just put on his jacket and grabbed his basket and went as is. (He is totally Jared's son!)

Carnival, Natalie as a Witch


Mr. and Mrs. White Trash? Skeleton PorterSchool Party Rapunzel Peter Parker Porter
Fairy and Porter Parker

Annual Pumpkin Carving


Halloween isn't Halloween if you don't spend a ooey, gooey, night of carving pumpkins. We had our good friends, the Barkers, over. This is our 2nd year carving pumpkins with them. We had taco soup, apple cider and lots of pumpkin seeds. A fun night for us all.

3 comments:

Tawna Searle said...

looks like fun with the annual pumpkin carving. Justin's dad's side of the family also dose this every Halloween. All the siblings get together and carve a whole bunch of pumpkins.

The Ludwig Family said...

It was too funny to log on to your site today right after I finished taking down my Halloween stuff. Love the pic's.

Biffy said...

Fun times! I love taking down holiday decorations. I don't have a lot of Halloween stuff, but we put those fake spider webs all over. I was so glad to get them down!