Sunday, November 9, 2008

Utah Weddings

Bride and Groom - Daneila and Jack
Mother of the Groom (my sister Susan)

I paid big bucks to dance with my nephew!

Natalie and Jack
Porter and Daniela

Yesterday, my nephew Jack, was married. he married a beautiful, sweet girl, Daniela, who is Mexican descent. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple. This was the morning after the 2,000 people protest at the temple. I was a little afraid, that there would be some protesters still there, however, there were none. It was beautiful day. Afterwards the wedding breakfast was held at the church. Cafe Rio style tacos and salads was served. The reception was what was the high light. The reception started out quite typical of "UTAH" style receptions go. Ward members of my nephew's and sister's came, formed a line, congratulated the couple, sat at a table, ate their mint/peanut cup and cake with slush, and left. Daneila's friends, and family, came half way through, and the fun started. Now I am so sheltered here in Utah, and for the most part have not participated in too many weddings or receptions, other than "Utah Style" When the mariachi band came in and the Latino dancers, I was excited. They sang and danced and entertained. Mexican pastries, and flan was brought out, and the party began. Starting was the Wedding dance. The couple danced, then we started to pin money on either the bride or groom to have the chance to dance with them. Everyone got involved. It was a lot of fun. My kids had a blast. The most humorous however, was when the DJ played "Boot scootin' Boogie" Ironic to see a bunch of Mexicans doing a country dance. I laughed the whole song. (I have no idea how this got recorded sideways. too much laughing I guess).



8 comments:

Laura said...

I can't believe he got married.I remember going to your house and Susan their with her little baby:) We are getting OLD:)

Biffy said...

How fun! I have always wanted to go to a Mexican wedding - they know how to throw a party!

Double Gusto Ayres said...

Very cute blog Janalyn, our blog is ridindoublegusto.blogspot.com

Tawna Searle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tawna Searle said...

Looks like they are a fun couple. I like the money all over them, what a great way to be able to give them a little more for starting out in life.

Heather said...

I am not a fan of the typical "utah" receptions. I refuse to let my kids have them, and will insist on ones which are more common outside of our borders. Good for them, it looks like it was a blast!!

Unknown said...

Hi Janalynn! It's nice to see you've joined the ranks in the blogging world! I love to see things from your side as well. I've been keeping up with Jared's blog, but this is a different perspective on your family! We can't wait to see you all over Christmas!

Sweet Craftin' Lola said...

Okay, watching Natalie do the boot-scootin' boogie has got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life!
Love,
Your Most Excellent Niece who goes by Lola in this domain...