Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts and Theories

Thought: Is It Worth Shopping on BLACK FRIDAY?
My Theory: If you don't mind BLACK MOODS.
Ok so I got all excited to go out and SAVE BIG!! I have only done this one other time, and like giving birth, must of forgotten the pain and misery you are in, and repeated the same act. My sister goes every year and is so organized and swears by this her method of shopping on this day. Unfortunately I tried her techniques and failed miserably. Yes I got what I wanted, Yes I ran to the check out and was even out of the store just 15 min after it had opened, only to realize when reaching my car, the checker had not scanned the main item I went for. This meant I had to go back in to pay for it. By this time the lines were at least 45 min.LONG! After an all day Shopping event, I spent the evening and into the night wrapping all the presents, numbering them and putting them away until Christmas eve, (My sister's tactic). Long story short, I have spent this week returning 10 items because, I either found something better, wrong size, it was broken, or I just plain didn't need it. Three of the items were already wrapped (good thing I numbered the gift!) While returning, I found that a lot of the "savings" wasn't all that much of a savings, and even found a few of the same items I "rushed" to get were still the same price a week later. I also wonder if some of the stores jack up the price, so it looks as if you're saving big. I'm not sure. I am sure however, some people love this day, and somehow can pull it off. Me? either I have to find an easier way, keep practicing, or just avoid "Black Friday" all together!

On a cheerful note....Thanksgiving was enjoyable. Held at the church, and Hosted by my family this year. The gym was open for basket ball and games, the kids ran free, and the kitchen large enough to "not get in the way".



No comments: